Tuesday, April 1, 2014

SALTCON!!

Well a great local game convention has come and gone, it was a BLAST!!!  I played wall to wall games from early Friday morning until Sunday afternoon with very little down time.  I think I played around 15-20 games.  I lost count and honestly can't remember everything I played ... its all kind of a blur ...

We had a four person crew that attended, mostly euro game fans. So that is what we played primarily, though we dabbled into some Ameri-trash, some war games and party games as well.  

The vendors at the con were a little sparse but many small press game companies were in attendance like Red Raven games, Gamelyn games, 5th Street Games, Crash Games, etc.  There was a huge gamer flea market, a math trade, game swap, tons of drawings, etc. etc. and I'd say several thousand total attendees during the course of the weekend.  Again no Spiel/Gencon/Comicon/Adepticon ... but it was a great locals con being hosted within ten miles from my house.

So here are my top 10 plays of the convention:

1) Russian Railroads
2) City of Iron
3) Eminent Domain
4) Belfort 
5) Marvel Legendary (I had never played this ... its a licensed title ... but for a deck builder which isn't really my normal cup o' tea ... I really enjoyed it)
6) Small World (I've played Underground before but never the core game)
7) Empires of the Void (great game, but a little too much like Eclipse for me to consider purchasing for my library)
8) Forbidden Desert (I enjoyed it more than Forbidden Island, which I like)
9) Council of Verona (reminiscent of Love Letter)
10) RAMPAGE!  (a fun little party board game involving buildings supported by meeples ... not a deep strategic game more a little dexterity/party/family game). 
















Next year I think some of the guys from Vegas might trek up.  I think they might move the con back down to Salt Lake City.  Which means I'll probably get a room wherever they are hosting it.  Other than that I'll be back. It was a blast and a great little locals con! 

6 comments:

Alexander Man said...

Sound like good times... I haven't played any of those games. But that's the point of Con's I guess. To try something new, with new groups.

saisravaniz said...


snaptube downloading
snaptube apk
snaptube app
snaptube download
We have some great news for SnapTube fans today.

alekhya sweetie said...

gamekiller download
gamekiller apk download
gamekiller android
There have been some shocking stories which have emerged from the region's courts in the last seven days, with judges doling out some hefty.

akshayavengala said...

appvn
appvn apk
appvn download
appvn for android
Appvn Apk is a well-defined app store, alternative to Google Play that features a wide variety of amazing apps you've seen and paid apps.

Unknown said...

Do you realize there is a 12 word phrase you can say to your man... that will trigger intense feelings of love and instinctual attractiveness for you deep inside his heart?

That's because deep inside these 12 words is a "secret signal" that fuels a man's impulse to love, look after and care for you with his entire heart...

====> 12 Words That Trigger A Man's Desire Response

This impulse is so hardwired into a man's mind that it will make him work harder than ever before to love and admire you.

Matter of fact, fueling this mighty impulse is so important to achieving the best possible relationship with your man that the instance you send your man one of these "Secret Signals"...

...You'll instantly notice him open his mind and soul to you in a way he haven't experienced before and he'll identify you as the one and only woman in the universe who has ever truly appealed to him.

rootapk said...

features of kik messenger

nice information thank you for sharing......